K-12 Students and Families
The Center for Educational Outreach offers programs for middle and high school students as well as their families.
For Middle/High School Students
- Camp Kinomaage is a week long program for high school students at the University of Michigan Biological Station (UMBS). While at the UMBS, students explore a number of questions about science including issues related to ecology and archeology. Students also work with U-M Native American students and learn about the culture, language, and history of the Anishinabe.
- College Corps is an academic enrichment and college awareness program dedicated to preparing high school students for postsecondary education. The program also provides a service-learning opportunity for undergraduate students who work directly with youth on a curriculum designed to support academic achievement and build college-knowledge.
- Future U focuses on boosting self-efficacy and developing the interests and academic abilities of middle school students for specific scholarly fields and disciplines. The program also provides information and exposure to the experiences and possibilities provided by a higher education.
- The goal of the Michigan College Advising Corps (MCAC) is to increase the number of low-income, first-generation and underrepresented students entering and completing higher education in the state of Michigan. Following in the tradition of the AmeriCorps and Teach for America programs, the MCAC recruits and trains a diverse group of recent University of Michigan college graduates to work full-time as college advisers in underserved high schools throughout Michigan for one or two years following graduation.
- The Rising Scholars program is a partnership between the CEO and Ann Arbor Public Schools designed to reach out to underserved but high achieving students to decrease the documented achievement gap and prepare them for college. Beginning in the 9th grade, a cohort of students from Ann Arbor high schools participate in a summer bridge program that includes academic preparation, leadership development and team building activities.