U-M Faculty, Staff, & Students
The Center for Educational Outreach offers programs that provide an opportunity for university faculty, staff, and students to learn more about, and participate in educational outreach programs.
For U-M Faculty
- The Center for Educational Outreach (CEO), Projects Promoting Equity in Urban and Higher Education and the National Center for Institutional Diversity (NCID) sponsors a series of lectures that will engage the U-M community in conversations on promoting pathways and access to college.
- The Center for Educational Outreach sponsors and co-sponsors professional development events that provide participants the opportunity to engage with scholars and practitioners working in pre-college programming and university-based youth outreach as well as leaders in youth development, higher education, and K-12 education.
- Wolverine Express is a school visitation program in which a diverse group of U-M faculty, staff, and students assemble as a team and travel to visit select high schools located across the state of Michigan. While at the high schools, faculty, staff, and students participate in presentations designed to promote academic success and college aspiration.
- The University Outreach Council consists of representatives from units on campus that engage in educational outreach. The Council convenes once a month to enhance collaboration and coordination across campus and share information about best practices in educational outreach.
Conversations on Promoting Pathways and Access to Higher Education Speaker Series
Professional Development Programs
University Outreach Council
For U-M Students
- The CEO offers many opportunities for undergraduate students to gain valuable experience and skills through participating in educational outreach programs. The Student Leader Initiative provides students with training that promotes the development of leadership skills and facilitates authentic outreach to students, schools and communities. Students can become involved in the following CEO programs:
- College Corps
- College 101
- Wolverine Express
- Project Inspire
- the Real on College Theater Troupe (ROC)
- Maximizing Academic Success (MAS)
- Future U
- Rising Scholars
- Supporting Student Educational Outreach (SSEO) grants provide funding to support programs organized by student organizations that expose K-12 students to knowledge and opportunities that broaden their perspectives, minds and aspirations in regard to higher education.
Become a Student Leader
Grants for Student Organizations