The Center for Educational Outreach offers programs for teachers, school administrators and community members interested in promoting a college going culture
- The Real on College (ROC) is an interactive theatre troupe consisting of U-M undergraduate students who perform brief vignettes about the importance of higher education to schools and communities throughout Michigan. The ROC provides middle and high school students, as well as parents and families, access and information to the higher education experience in a fun, engaging and creative way.
- Project Inspire's motto is "Students Inspiring Students." The program supports and encourages U-M students to participate in K-12 outreach in schools and community agencies. Project Inspire organizes U-M students to speak with youth about the importance of a higher education, the college-going process, and the higher education experience. Project Inspire also provides assistance and support to outreach programs created by U-M students and student organizations.
- The Speakers Bureau is a group of faculty and staff who can offer presentations, lectures or technical/professional assistance to schools and community agencies focused on academic excellence and college attendance. More information is available on the Speakers Bureau website.
- U-M units may apply for State Board-Continuing Education Unites (SB-CEUs) through the Center for Educational Outreach.
- The Center for Educational Outreach sponsors and co-sponsors professional development events that provide participants the opportunity to engage with scholars and practitioners working in pre-college programming and university-based youth outreach as well as leaders in youth development, higher education, and K-12 education.